Thursday, January 6, 2011

AH Glyph experiment update

So I have been trying to raise the average prices of glyphs lately on my server by posting glyphs at around 200g each. They cost about 45g to make with the crazy herbs prices atm so I can afford to sell them cheaper, I just don't want too. I sell more glyphs than anyone else on my server, but I only supply about 20% of the total glyph market, so there are a lot of people posting small batches of glyphs.

Now the reason I tell you this is because in order to raise the prices, I have to have all the other people who post small batches to comply. So lets say for example there is no glyph of Rune Strike on the auction house. So I post 2-3 at 225g each. No I know I'm going to get under cut because there is no way I'm going to sell all 3 of them, and I don't need to. If I just sell one of them, that pays for the cost of making the other two plus profit. Now lets say some one else comes in a post 1 Glyph of Rune Strike at 224g99s. Now that is what I want to happen. Eventually I will have a post of all glyphs at 225g and mine will be the only one available, so when people under cut me the glyph price will only go down a silver or a couple of gold, which is ok because it will eventually go back to 225g.

Now this is what I don't want to happen. I post said glyph at 225g, then someone else comes by and post said glyph at 60g. They will still make a profit selling it at 60g, but they could have made a lot more by just undercutting me a couple of gold. Now I can always just go in and buy the one glyph for 60g and re post it for 225 and still make a big profit, which I do if I catch them in time. But sadly I just don't want to sit in front of the ah all day watching glyphs, so other people under that 60g and soon enough there will be 10 glyphs all under 60g, and I'm not going to buy them all out.

But since their are just a bunch of small batch posters on my server this doesn't happen all to often. Also the number 2 supplier on my server  undercuts me by 1s, which is awesome, and his Fall back price is about the same as mine.

I saw this advertisement in trade chat the other day that just made me smile
"Tired of paying over 200g for a glyph in today's inflated market? Well I have 100 various glyphs posted in the Auction House for under 50g. get them now before they run out!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment