Monday, February 28, 2011

How I got started

Well back in wrath about 3 months before cata came out I decided to get serious about making gold because the game was getting really boring because it was almost the end of wrath. I think I started a little to late to make serious money in wrath but early enough to prepare for cata.

I had my first ah experience though when I first started playing.

I had my little lv.30 hunter who was able to buy his first mount, but i didn't have the 40 gold for it. My hunter was a skinner/lw but I had no clue how to level my lw so it was at level 1 still and i had my skinning maxed for my level (I later learned that you had to go to your spell book and open your profession tab in order to level it lol). So I had a lot of leather on me that I was just vendoring because i had no clue how to use it. So it occured to me to try and sell the leather in the auction house that was in Thunder Bluff. So I ran back as fast as aspect of the cheetah and the flyt point would take me.Then I listed all my leather for about 1 silver less than what other people had it at. And what do you know, I sold all of it and made a cool 10g (which was an amazing amount for me back then, which was around patch 3.1)
   So I found an awesome place to make gold way faster than I had been making it before. But there was a problem in that I had to fly back to TB every time I wanted to post my leather. So I had this brilliant idea that I thought was the absolute smartest thing ever. Make a new character and run them to TB and leave them there and just mail my leather to him and have him post my stuff. Then later I figured out almost everyone does this too >:D.
So I had my first banker alt who sold all my awesome leather in the ah for me.In about 2 weeks and 6 levels later I had my gold for my 40g training, and 10g for the mount.

Later I dropped lw for engineering because I heard engineers could make there own mounts. Then I dropped skinning at lv68 for mining to supply my engineering.

When icc dropped there were tons of people asking for "rep runs" and I had just hit 80 like 2 weeks before it came out so I went in on a couple of those. I got honored and used my first 23 frost badges to buy a primordial saronite to make my own arrows. Then I started selling my arrows on the ah and sold them out very often. That's when I started to look at other stuff that sells well, and apparently mining and engineering are not the best professions to make gold. so I made my lv65 dk a miner, because minig did make money, just not very good money, and made my hunter a jc. and well the rest is history

Now I have 2 JC, a scribe, enchanter, 3 alchemist, a miner, a tailoring, and a bs friend who makes my belt buckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment